- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Mix all ingredients.
- Beat well until smooth.
- Beat eggs, oil and milk well.
- Add flour and salt beat well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For each blintz, melt 1 teaspoon butter in a 7" skillet.
- Pour in 1-1/2 teaspoons batter, spread batter completely over bottom of pan.
- Cover over medium heat until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn crepe over and brown the other side.
- Put 1 Tablespoon cheese on browned surface of each blintz.
- Fold and roll.
- Put in a glass baking dish and keep warm in oven.
- If necessary they could be frozen and when needed thaw and warm and then serve with a dollop of sour cream or a nice fruity syrup.