- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked aldente
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup of shredded fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain pasta, add oil, garlic, onion and spices and while the pasta is hot.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and add herbs, cheese and mayo.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served cold or room temperature.