- 4 -5 large russet potatoes
- peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large dutch oven heat oil to 320 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and EVENLY cut fries into 1/4" x 1/4" strips of equal length.
- Place in a large bowl of cold water as you're slicing.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water.
- When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil.
- Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy.
- Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees.
- Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain on roasting rack.
- Season with kosher salt.
- Once again this is done is small batches and will need to be kept warm in the oven until all potatoes are fried.