Makes: 1 small jar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If you have whole spices and the time, dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a frying pan for several minutes, let them cool and grind as fine as possible Mix everything together and put in a small jar Shoarma idea for 4: approx 1lb pork, lamb or chicken, cut meat in strips, add 1 tablespoon oil and lemon juice, 1 or 2 teaspoons of the spice mix, add salt to taste, mix and leave for a few hours or overnight.
- If you like add some chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped chili pepper and a chopped sweet pepper to the meat mix.
- Fry or grill this until done.
- Serve in a wrap or pita bread with a mayonnaise sauce, Tzatziki or try my Yoghurt Chutney (recipe#38562) and add some finely chopped cucumber to it.
- Use for barbecues, marinades and so on.