- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 lbs zucchini, chopped (if substituting broccoli or cauliflower use 4 generous cups, chopped)
- 2 cups chicken stock (or water or vegetable stock)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 pinch cumin (optional)
- 4 ounces vache qui rit Laughing Cow cheese (or Boursin or cream cheese)
- Put the zucchini and onion in a medium saucepan and add chicken stock. (The stock will not cover the vegetables.) Add salt and pepper, to taste, and cumin, if using.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and puree. (An immersion blender works well and keeps dishes to a minimum.).
- Gently reheat to serve.
- NOTE: A herbed cream cheese, such as Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese with Garlic and Herbs, makes this soup really delicious!