- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks, Beaten
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Set out a heavy skillet.
- Put the grated Cheddar Cheese in a bowl and add the sour cream and egg yolks, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour salt thyme and dry mustard, which have been mixed well in a separate bowl or cup.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over low heat and drop the batter by Tbsp into the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Loosen the edges with a spatula, turn and lightly brown the other side.
- Serve at once with bacon or sausage.