- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat (tenderized works best)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar mushroom
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 container sour cream, divided
- white wine (as needed for taste)
- Worcestershire sauce (as needed for taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- milk (if needed)
- flour (if needed)
- cooked egg noodles
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add stew meat, cook on med heat until browned stirring often.
- Take meat out of skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and saute in the butter until almost clear.
- Add mushrooms, and cook until onion is clear.
- Put meat back into pan, add cream of mushroom soup, wine, worstichire sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Stir constantly until soup turns to liquid.
- Decrease heat to Low, cover and simmer.
- This can simmer for 10 min to 4 hrs depending on taste.
- You can add flour to thicken it or milk to thin it out as needed.
- When almost finished at half of the tub of sour cream.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles with the remainder of the sour cream as a topping.