- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or more!)
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 cups small mushrooms, halved,or quartered if using larger mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth or 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, the mustard and garlic.
- Add the chicken and coat both sides with the mixture.
- Transfer the chicken and mixture to the skillet; saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil.
- Saute the mushrooms about a minute; add the broth/wine, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar.
- Cook stirring until the mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve the chicken, topped with the mushrooms.