- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a boil again, stirring frequently.
- Simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of chicken.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, then add chicken and saute until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- (About 4 minutes each side should do it.) Remove chicken from skillet, drain fat from skillet.
- In the same skillet, stir 1/4 cup chicken broth with the pan juices, and bring to a boil; reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil.
- Serve chicken atop the pasta, coat with the cream sauce.