- 2 cups spicy sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups coarsely chopped potatoes
- 6 cups chopped fresh kale
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- parmesan cheese
- In some olive oil sauté the onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add water and chicken base or 2 quarts chicken broth.
- Add the potatoes (I like to use frozen hash browns that I always have on hand).
- Add the seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Cover with lid and simmer.
- Brown the sausage, breaking up into small pieces, and drain in a stainer.
- Wash the kale, remove the stems/rib. Slice across you can add fresh or thawed frozen spinach squeezed dry).
- Add the sausage and kale to your saucepan and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add the can of evaporated milk and heat through.
- Check to see if you want to add any salt.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.