READY IN: 72hrs 15mins
- 1 gallon kosher dill pickle, drained
- 5 lbs sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) can pickling spices
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- Slice the pickles any way you want to and place in a large bowl.
- Add the spices, garlic and sugar.
- Make sure you stir it well.
- It may be a little difficult to stir at first, but make sure you stir the bottom good.
- Stir it once a day for three days.
- Pack the sterilized canning jars with as many pickles as you like.
- Fill the jars with the sweet, spicy liquid.
- Leave in the garlic cloves to make sure the pickles reach their full potential.
- Wipe the jars with a damp towel.
- Twist on the lid and they are ready to store.