- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients, except butter, in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
- Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.