- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork butt (shoulder)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 large yellow onion
- salt and pepper
- any other dry seasoning, your family likes (i use season salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Season both sides of pork roast with your choice of dry seasonings.
- In a shallow roasting pan brown the roast under the broiler about 5 minutes on each side or you can brown on top the stove in a cast iron skillet with a touch of oil.
- This step enhances the flavor and seals the juices in the meat, and renders any excess fat from the roast.
- While roast is browning, slice large onion into thick slices and separate into rings.
- Place 1/2 of the rings in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Take the browned pork roast and place on top of the onion rings in the crock pot then cover with the other half of the onion rings.
- Pour the 1/4 cup soy sauce over the top of roast, then pour the 1/2 cup water on sides of roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- You may have leftovers depending on family size and is great for sandwiches!
- Meat should be falling apart.