- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 new potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered and pieces separated
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 summer squash, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, ends of stems cut off
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (2 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt (a shake or two)
- black pepper (a shake or two)
- Chop all the vegetables, as specified in the ingredient list.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix thyme, rosemary, basil (if using), garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; set aside.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a large bowl, then pour the oil/vinegar/herb mixture over the vegetables.
- Stir until all the vegetables are coated evenly.
- Line a baking sheet or roasting pan tray with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the pan and pour the remaining oil/vinegar/herb mixture on top (you can also put additional salt and/or pepper on now, if you want to).
- Roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.