READY IN: 25mins
- 6 stuffing mushrooms
- 2 slices bacon, chopped and crisp fried
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cheese, sliced
- 6 drops hot sauce (optional)
- baguette, sliced (optional)
- Crisp fry the bacon, drain well.
- Drain bacon grease leaving a film of grease.
- Remove stems from mushrooms& chop.
- Clean& finely chop the garlic.
- Place the mushrooms top side down and brown the caps apprx 2 minutes, flip and brown the edges 1 minute.
- Place the mushrooms in an escargot dish or on an oven proof tray.
- Brown the garlic& stem bits.
- Evenly distribute the bacon/ garlic/mushroom bits between the caps.
- If using hot sauce put in a drop or two.
- Place apprx a tsp of butter on top and then a portion of cheese.
- Broil until the cheese has melted and they are heated through apprx 10 minutes.