- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground buffalo meat
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 garlic clove, minced (add more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided in half)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 4 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- garlic-infused olive oil (to oil pans)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil pan with garlic infused olive oil. Fry meat and onions until meat is brown and onions are tender. Drain fat.
- Return meat and onions to pan and add next eight ingredients (through black pepper). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Occasionally stirring.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Add cottage cheese, red pepper flakes, sriracha sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella and flour. stir unitl mixed.
- Oil bottom of large lasagna dish with garlic infused olive oil.
- Add 1/2 of meat mixture. Top with half of sliced zucchinis. Add all of cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining meat mixture, followed with layer of remaining zucchini slices.
- Top with remaining half of shredded mozzerella cheese.
- Top with parmesean cheese.
- Sprinkle with additional black pepper and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes (to prevent watery run between servings).