READY IN: 40mins
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Cut open the pumpkin.
- Use a strong metal spoon to scoop out the insides of the pumpkin.
- Separate the seeds from the stringy core.
- Rinse the seeds under cold water.
- In a small saucepan add in the seeds to the water and salt (the amount of water and salt you will need is listed in the heading) bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes (set timer to for this, and start timer when water is at a full boil).
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Place on a paper towel and pat the seeds fairly dry (they do not have to be completely dry!).
- Brush about 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a cookie/baking sheet.
- Spread out the seeds onto the cookie/baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the seeds begin to brown.
- When the seeds are browned to your liking then remove from oven and let the pan cool on a rack.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Either crack open to remove the inner seed or eat whole.