- 2 teaspoons oil (from sun dried tomatoes packed in oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, packed in oil and cut into slivers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces bow tie pasta
- shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh, minced basil
- In a 12 inch frying pan over medium high heat combine oil and garlic.
- When hot (sizzle) add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly until opaque in center-no more than 6 minutes.
- Lift out shrimp and set aside.
- Add to pan onion, tomatoes, pepper, broth, booze, and cream.
- Boil on high heat, uncovered, until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, around 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir until hot.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in water until done-around 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Add to cooked sauce and toss lightly.
- Offer shaved cheese and basil at the table.