- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 cup evaporated milk (or use milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- black pepper (or cayenne pepper)
- In a large saucepan combine thawed corn niblets, whipping cream, evaporated milk, salt and sugar; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth, then stir into the corn mixture until well blended and thickened.
- Season with black pepper or cayenne to taste.