- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 36 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in saute pan. Saute sliced onions in the oil for about 8 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, parsley, white wine, tomato paste, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- Lightly grease a rack, and line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Place rack in broiler pan.
- Place fish, in a single layer, on the rack. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Broil fish about 5 inches from heat for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon the onion-tomato mixture evenly onto a platter. Place the broiled fish on top of the onion-tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta, and garnish with lemon slices.