READY IN: 1hr 5mins
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tomatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar (try 1/4 balsamic!)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Cool and pour into airtight containers.
- Note: Refrigerate Red Tomato Chutney in airtight containers up to two months.
- This could also be canned. Fill jars, seal, and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.