- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- gated peel of 1 orange
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/5 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- butter, for baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder) to combine well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange peel, brandy, and softened butter.
- Beat until smooth. Continuing to beat, add milk slowly, and then eggs. Slowly beat in the flour mixture and continue to beat for 3 minutes at medium-high speed until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into two lightly buttered loaf pans (or equivalent) and bake at 350F (180C) for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.