- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Lightly coat both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray, and place on baking sheet. Bake at 450*F. for 5 minutes on each side, or until tortillas are crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the picante sauce, ketchup, and pinto beans in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Make small wells in the bean mixture with a wooden spoon 2" apart.
- Break a an egg into each well, and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until egg is desired doneness.
- Place one tortilla on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 1 egg.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbls. cheddar cheese, if using, 1 tbls. chopped cilantro and a dash of hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!