- FOR THE DUCK
- 1 duck
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- ORANGE SAUCE
- 4 tablespoons spicy mango chutney
- 1 orange, juice of
- 3 tablespoons of duck drippings, from pan
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- Sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, and salt all over ducks.
- Cut 1-inch slice in skin of ducks on both sides of breasts.
- Puree garlic, sage and olive oil and fill in slices in skin with mixture.
- Chop apple into 1-inch pieces and stuff inside ducks.
- Bake at 350*F (175*C) for 1 hour 30 minutes for a slightly rare duck, or 2 hours for a well done duck.
- Put the ingredients for the L'Orange sauce in saucepan and heat until alcohol simmers off, about 6 minutes.
- Serve L'Orange sauce over sliced duck breasts or other parts.
- Makes about 1 cup.