- 3⁄4 cup dried adzuki beans
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- In a medium sauce pan, add adzuki beans and cover with enough water to fully submerge by at least 1 inch. Soak 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and replace with water. Over high-heat, bring to a boil. Reduce to low and allow to simmer for 1.5 hours, or until beans are very soft. As the water boils down, you may need to add more to keep beans s Once cooked, drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Line a 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) cake pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add warm beans; blend until smooth and no clumps remain. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl add bean mixture, cocoa powder and melted butter; mix until well combined.
- Press into lined cake pan; refrigerate 1 hour before slicing into 2-inch squares.