- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix) or 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) boxany flavor Jello gelatin
- Cool Whip (for frosting)
- fruit (to match the jello flavor) (optional)
- Prepare cake according to package instructions.
- Allow to cool completely in pans.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake through to the bottom.
- Prepare jello according to package instructions except do not allow it to set yet.
- Pour jello slowly over the entire surface of the cooled cakes (cake will look soggy, but thats ok).
- Chill cakes until jello sets completely (several hours or over night).
- To remove cakes from pans, set the pan in a dish of hot water for 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Frost with the Cool Whip.
- Garnish with fruit pieces.
- Keep any uneaten cake covered and chilled.