READY IN: 35mins
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- PENUCHE GLAZE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have ready some ungreased baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Remove warm cookies and transfer to racks.
- Let cool completely for a least one half hour, then frost with glaze.
- For Glaze:
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute or until slightly thickened. Beat in the milk. Blend in confectioner's sugar until the glaze is smooth and spreadable. Using a silicone basting brush, which I love and use religiously now, or a butter knife to spread glaze on cookies is the best tip. Please note; this glaze will harden fairly quickly. I suggest that you keep the saucepan over the stove on the lowest heat possible to prevent it from hardening.