- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 fresh lemon rind
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- SAVOURY JAM
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all meatball ingredients, except the oil.
- Mix well and taking about 1 tablespoon of mix, form into balls.
- Place on a foil lined baking tray, and spray with the oil.
- and bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- SAVOURY JAM: Place all ingredients into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring to ensure the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a jam-like consistency is reached.