- 3 slices bacon
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning slices as needed, until browned on both sides and crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- When cool, crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; gently scoop out yolks and place in a bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork, then stir in mayonnaise, green onions, mustard, and crumbled bacon until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon or pipe about 1 tablespoon yolk mixture into the hollow of each egg-white half.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.