- FOR THE CLOUD BREAD
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (1 ounce) packet artificial sweetener
- FOR THE EGGS BENEDICT
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar at medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until a medium peak.
- Beat the egg yolks, cream cheese, and sweetener until completely smooth. Mix 1⁄3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture to lighten, and then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon 1⁄2 cup dollops evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread into roughly 4-inch wide circles about 1⁄2-inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- To poach the eggs, bring a medium pot of water to a simmer. Swirl to create a whirlpool and then drop the egg into the center. Let the egg cook for 3 minutes, and then carefully remove with a slotted spoon, blotting on a paper towel and setting aside. Keep warm and repeat with remaining two eggs.
- Combine the egg yolks, cayenne, mustard, and lemon juice in a blender and while running the blender on low, add the butter in a slow stream to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Assemble the eggs Benedict with two cloud breads, a piece of Canadian bacon, poached egg, and then a drizzle of hollandaise. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.