READY IN: 20mins
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- pancake mix, plus necessary ingredients
- maple syrup
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- (Suggested method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the bacon on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack. Cook for 15-20 minutes.).
- Chop one piece of bacon into small pieces to yield at least 1⁄4 cup.
- Prepare the pancake mix according to directions for 1 1⁄2 cups dry mix. Fold in the bacon bits. Let batter settle while you preheat the griddle to medium.
- Pour about a scant 1⁄4 cup of batter onto griddle in a straight line. Allow to spread (it should be a relatively thin line, just wider than the bacon) and then place a piece of bacon into center. Cover with 2-3 tablespoons additional batter, just to hide bacon.
- Cook until it begins to bubble and then flip, cooking another minute. Repeat with remaining bacon. Serve hot with maple syrup.