- 16 -24 slices of thin bacon
- 1 peeled and cored pineapple, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 -8 mozzarella string cheese, pulled into long quarters
- 2 -3 large sweet onions, cut in rings
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut the pineapple into 4 inch rounds with a 2 inch interior hole. On each pineapple ring, arrange an onion ring, and a 2-3 quarters of the cheese.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the pineapple ring, trying not to overlap too much. Continue, using 2-3 pieces per ring. Lightly brush with BBQ sauce.
- Arrange the bacon donuts on a sheet pan lined with a wire rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bacon is browned. If bacon is full cooked but not brown, broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce.