- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley, plus 1 tablespoon (for garnish)
- toast or cracker, for dipping
- assorted fresh vegetable (radishes, sliced cucumbers, carrots, broccoli florets, etc)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place rack on top 3rd of the oven. Melt butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet or oven safe pan. Saute garlic and onion until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp, chili flakes and salt. Cook until shrimp turns pink, about 1-2 minutes. Add white wine and cook at a simmer until about 1 tablespoon liquid remains.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons parsley and salt to taste. Top with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and place skillet into oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Increase heat to broil and cook until the top is browning in spots, about 3-5 minutes more. Remove from oven and top with 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving with toast or crackers and vegetable crudite.