- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups pasta sauce (home-made or one 14-ounce jar store-bought)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper and coat the chicken pieces (shake off any excess flour).
- In a frypan heat the olive oil with butter.
- Brown the coated chicken pieces on all sides.
- Place into prepared 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In the same frypan, saute the onion and garlic in the same drippings until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, pasta sauce and olives; bring to a simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Top with mozza cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.