- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- more parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese (if you can get it, the soft fresh kind is best, it melts sooooo creamy)
- your favorite marinara sauce or store bought spaghetti sauce
- Pound the chicken breasts between two slices of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip in egg/milk mixture, then in breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large deep skillet.
- Brown the chicken breasts over medium heat until golden on each side (about 2-3 min per side).
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet.
- Heat to boiling and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts to the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan over them.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of chicken.
- Cover and simmer about 8- 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the chicken is tender.
- Serve with your favorite pasta- we like linguine.