- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and slightly butter.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 1 minute. Add ham and cook for about 15 minutes, until the onion is tender. (Stirring occasionally.).
- Stir in the soup and the milk. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Gently mix in the noodles and cook just until heated through.