READY IN: 30mins
- cups mild cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- seasoned pepper
- Butter 6 ovenproof dishes lavishly. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the grated cheese in the bottom of each buttered dish.
- Break the eggs in a saucer and then slip the eggs (2) over the surface of the cheese. Take care not to break yolk. Allow 2 eggs per dish.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the surface of each dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a 325° oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs are fairly firm and just coated over. Serve at once.
- Serve with wedges of buttered toast for dipping into the egg yolk and the melted cheese.