- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- optional 1 tbsp fresh dill or parsley
- Use double boiler or like me - place a strainer/sieve over a sauce pan of water and place a bowl in the sieve.
- Beat yogurt, lemon juice, egg yolks well
- Heat over simmering water, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, approx 15 min (sauce will become thinner after about 10 min and then thicken again).
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, mustard, pepper and dill/parsley (if using).