- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- 1 cooked shrimp
- 1 sliced chile
- 1 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 coriander sprig
- Peel, dice and de-pit avocado and place in a food processor.
- Add lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic.
- Process until smooth and then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover by placing plastic wrap DIRECTLY onto the surface of avocado mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, you can serve it as is or add some of the optional toppings and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.