- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (dry sugar)
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream sugar, molasses and shortening together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix at medium speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl before and after adding eggs.
- Stir flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and dry sugar substitute together to blend well, and then add, along with coffee and lemon juice, to creamy mixture.
- Mix at medium.
- Mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Drop dough by 1 1/2 Tablespoon onto cookies sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minuntes, or until cookies are firm.
- Remove them to a wire rack and cool to room temperuture.