- 1 (17 ounce) package puff pastry
- 12 ounces cut up red baking apples (approx. 2 medium sized apples)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions on package.
- Peel, core and chop apples up coarsely.
- Combine apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Flour surface lightly and cut pastry sheet into nine 3x3 squares.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup apple mixture on each square and brush edge with beaten egg.
- Place second pastry square on the top of the already filled pastry to form a pocket.
- Press down border with fingers to seal and then press with fork to decorate the edges.
- Make a 1-inch L shape incision into each pie and fold back the pastry flap.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and give each one an egg wash.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.