- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (I use much less)
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheet
- Defrost pastry sheets according to package directions (about 1/2 hour).
- Preheat over on 400°F
- Adjust rack to middle position.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon sugar over work surface. Unfold 1 sheet of pastry and place on the sugar.
- Roll it to an even thickness. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of the sugar. Starting at the SHORT side of the rectangle, roll the pastry toward the center stopping in the middle. Repeat with the opposite short side so the rolls meet in the middle. Trim the ends. (I used a pizza cutter but a knife would work also.) Cut into 1/2" slices and place flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment spacing them 1" apart. Sprinkle with 1 table sugar.
- Bake until golden and puffed about 20-23 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
- Best the day they are made.