- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 -6 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown pork chops on both sides; place in bottom of slow cooker when browned.
- In same skillet, reduce heat to medium and saute onions until softened; add garlic, dry mustard, salt and pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and wine and cook until thickened.
- Pour this mixture over pork chops, put lid on crock pot and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours or on High for 2 to 2-1/2 hours (I did Low for 4-1/2 hours), or just until pork is tender.
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker and place on a warmed platter.
- Stir Dijon mustard and whipping cream into juices in slow cooker; when well combined, turn slow cooker off and pour sauce over chops on platter and serve immediately.