- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb small fingerling potato
- 1 lb peas, if frozen, thaw first
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts only, split lengthwise then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Whisk in the canola oil in a thin stream and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring 2 medium saucepans of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes to one and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook the leeks until transparent, add the peas and cook until warmed but still vibrant green. Drain any excess liquid and pat dry; add to the vinaigrette. Drain the potatoes and slice 1/2 inch thick; add to the bowl.
- Add the chives, season with salt and pepper and gently toss the salad. Serve warm.