- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grate, and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- Grate or spiralize your peeled sweet potato, then blanch in boiling water.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Using a spiralizer or cheese grater, create shredded sweet potato “noodles”. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the sweet potato noodles until tender but still holding their shape, about 1 to 2 minutes depending on the thickness of your noodles.
- Immediately drain your noodles and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Mix onions, garlic clove, hot sauce, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and salt in a bowl. Then add sweet potato to the bowl and toss to dress. Serve.