- 1 medium butternut squash or 2 small butternut squash
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- Pierce the squash with a knife in several places, and place in a baking dish in a 350 degree oven.
- Bake until the squash is tender and easily pierced with a knife (about 1 hour) ALLOW TO COOL COMPLETELY.
- Cut the squash in half, and remove the seeds.
- Scoop out about 2 cups of the pulp and place in your blender or food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until the center is nearly set, and the pie is starting to slightly pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.