- 1 deep dish pie shell (9 inch)
- 1 (10 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 1 cup sliced cooked mushroom
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Trim and flute edges as desired.
- Place the asparagus and mushrooms over the bottom of the crust.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Swiss cheese and flour.
- Toss until combined.
- Add the eggs, half-and-half, salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Whisk until combined and pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.