- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram or 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl.
- Fill with cold water.
- Drain into a strainer and repeat the rinsing and draining 4 more times.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add the rinsed quinoa and cook, stirring, until the quinoa makes cracking and popping noises, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, marjoram, thyme, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, salt, lemon rind, and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 5 minutes longer.
- Fluff with a fork.