- 10 ounces bacon
- 6 cups frozen grated hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 24 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion (to garnish)
- cayenne pepper sauce, for topping (Frank's)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the bacon in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake until crisp, turning once halfway through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the bacon to a towel-lined plate. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop the bacon and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup bacon for garnish.
- In a large bowl, toss to combine the hash brown potatoes, parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread the hash browns in an even layer on the parchment paper with the bacon grease. Bake until the hash browns are lightly crisp, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Fold in the chopped bacon, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and spinach. Pour into the hash brown crust and spread to make even. Top with 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese and place in oven. Bake until eggs are puffed and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Top with reserved chopped bacon, scallions and drizzle with hot sauce to serve.