- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb ground pork (or chicken or beef)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- oil (for frying)
- Brown pork with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
- Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
- In large bowl combine cabbage mix and green onions.
- Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly.
- Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350ºF).
- Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce, hoisin sauce or jalapeño pepper jelly.